[600MRG] Fwd: Re: Testing new Transmit downconverter

Dave lf at g4fre.com
Sat Apr 27 08:28:27 CDT 2013

I also have the KX3 and initially it wasn't even stable enough for 40m wspr,
see

http://g4fre.blogspot.com/2012/07/kx3-on-qrss.html

At one point Elecraft,  as you say were looking at locking to an external
reference but its very hard to do that with the SI570DDS so they went for a
calibration table correction lookup procedure on there web site that needs a
fridge and a hairdrier

http://g4fre.blogspot.com/2012/12/why-is-kx3-in-fridge-and-whats.html

after I did this the kx3 its stable enough for wspr and qrss decodes on 40m
so it should be good enough for LF

Dave

Ww2r, g4fre