[600MRG] Fwd: Re: Testing new Transmit downconverter

pat bunn pbunn at patbunn.com
Thu Apr 25 10:58:17 CDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [600MRG] Testing new Transmit downconverter
Date: 	Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:56:15 -0400
From: 	pat bunn <pbunn at patbunn.com>
To: 	John Langridge <jlangridge at sbcglobal.net>

John,

The one that I built worked flawlessly also - That was not my point -
The stability is in the transceiver driving the transverter - Most
transceivers are not frequency stable enough in transmit mode to work
with slow mode transmitting. They get hot and drift a few cycles.

If you can find a transceiver that will be stable during long 10-15
minute transmit cycles, you will have no problem.

Pat