[600MRG] WIMA capacitors

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Fri Jan 5 09:15:02 CST 2018

I have tried ceramics.

The usual disk ceramics are horrible.

The big transmit ceramic "doorknobs" can be used in some applications
but are usually not much better.

Some C0G/NPO chip ceramics are OK for receive applications if you don't
mind your filters being a bit lossy. The real issue with chip caps is
that the good ones are just not available in the large values needed for
137/475. The "good" ones run 2 or 3 bux apiece and it makes little
financial sense to parallel a dozen or more to make the required C
values. Of course if you have access to them at little or no cost, then
they become more attractive!

73, Larry - W7IUV