[600MRG] Regen Rx? I'm Missing Something?

Steve VE7SL at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 24 19:09:39 CST 2018

> Steve (and others):
>
> 1) where did you get that delightful dial? I've been looking for one of
> those for years.

>From Gary at Playthings of The Past

> 3) In my opinion, the Paraset's receiver is very crude, and I suspect the
> designers of the
> Paraset expended far more sweat on the design of the transmitter than the
> receiver.

The RX basic design is solid but it definitely needed some massage...in the
ant coupling department and the bandspreading. Once refined the receiver is
superb...every bit as good as National's SW-3.

I don't think there is anything at all fancy about the transmitter...just a
basic grid-plate power oscillator. It worked well right from the get go.

Steve

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook":  http://qsl.net/ve7sl/

VE7SL BLOG - "Homebrewing and Operating Adventures From 2200m to Nanowaves":
http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/