[600MRG] 630M Exciter

Doug Allen dougk4ly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:20:31 CST 2018

I sold Frank his 5 watt amplifier (plus a HB LPF).  It's a Chinese class A
amp, I think, which I bought over 2 1/2 years ago before getting my
Experimental call WH2XZO.  Frank has a full size INL L, about 200' vertical
with a 300' + flat top, and he's heard in Europe and elsewhere with his ~5W
TPO which translates to  ~5W EIRP with his antenna.

 I consider Frank the gold standard for determining one's EIRP.  Assuming
similar receive conditions to Frank, then a comparison of a large sample of
his WSPR decodes of your station and a similar large sample of decodes of
his station by you will be a very good indicator of your EIRP.  I have done
such analysis for quite a few stations, and it's very interesting!

Doug Allen K4LY
Inman, SC