[600MRG] Blanking the HADGPS

Paul Signorelli w0rw1 at msn.com
Fri Sep 29 08:03:55 CDT 2017

Additional information on Noise Blanking the HADGPS.

My Elecraft K3s Noise Blanker removes these data spikes completely but

my old Kenwood TS-440 noise blanker will not.

It is designed for shorter ignition pulses.

The K3s also has a 'Noise Reduction' system that I did not have to use.

 These 'Noise Reduction'  circuits are a controllable mix of  DSP processed and unprocessed audio streams.

They start to make the audio watery if over mixed.

In case you forgot the HADGPS is an experimental High Accuracy Differential Global Positioning System

that uses MF frequencies.

(Google HA-DGPS). It is designed to provide 1/10 meter resolution to the user.

My local test system is on 458 kHz.

The data pulses can be heard from 410 to 480 kHz.

I am sure it can be nulled out with a loop.

See <http://www.ursanav.com/solutions/technology/dgps/>.

You might be able to hear it at night if you tune to 458 kHz.

I can hear it all the time on ground wave.

Welcome to the new Loran.

Paul   w0rw