[600MRG] XSH/31 in CW beacon mode this eve

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Sun Sep 24 19:37:30 CDT 2017

In advance of the "blessed event" we're all waiting for on Oct 15th, I have
restarted the CW beacon for WD2XSH/31 on 477.9kHz this evening.  It's
running its usual slow speed CW at 75w into the Marconi-T antenna.

I've been working on items for 2200m as well this week and while tuning the
T-antenna for 630m today I noticed that my ground impedance may have gone up
several ohm, although I can still force at least 1.2A of antenna current.
The ground is very dry here this month and I should wait for rain before
driving-in a new reference ground rod to make some tests.

I will leave this CW beacon running as much as possible over the next few
weeks and wait for the 15th to transition to Part 97 operations.  Reports
are much appreciated until then.

-Brian, WA1ZMS & WD2XSH/31 in Va.