[600MRG] License class

Chris - KC0TKS kc0tks at cmsdigital.net
Mon Sep 18 15:44:52 CDT 2017

Bill,

I have operated a 10 meter CW beacon for a bit more than 10 years now.
For the past 3 years it has been QRP (275mW) and dual-mode, transmitting
both CW and WSPR. Depending on time of year and conditions, I get
anywhere from 5 to 200 WSPR spots per day but only 3-4 CW spots per YEAR
despite the fact that is spends 80% if its time sending CW (8 minutes
CW, 2 Minutes WSPR).

I realize that no comparisons between 10 meters and 630 meters should be
made, but the difference in the modes are night-and-day.

When I spoke of "practical" I was referencing the amount of money,
equipment and effort put forth vs. the quantity and usefulness of spots.
Any beaconing mode has some chance of being copied. For a QRP beacon, my
money is on WSPR.

Chris - KC0TKS

>>> 600MRG at w7ekb.com