[600MRG] 630 Meter Band Plans

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Fri Sep 15 20:56:19 CDT 2017

ref:  http://www.arrl.org/news/band-plan-proposed-for-eventual-472-479-khz-use

In the above ARRL bulletin published on 7/5/2017 mention is made to moving the "continuous unattended beacon modes" to 461-472 KHz as not to clutter up the new 630 meter 47CFR97 amateur  assignment.  Sounds like a good idea.

I assume this means new or amended 47CFR5 licenses?  Is this action still on the drawing board?  What if a present 47CFR5 licensee is not part of the WD2XSH/nn group but presently runs a beacon in the WSPR or QRSS mode?  Is that station excluded from this proposed action?

Lots of odds 'n ends still to be resolved - I'm sure they will be in time - For now the unknown hurdle is the UTC application with its yet to be experienced "what ifs," such as the application is denied.

73 Frank K3DZ / WH2XHA