[600MRG] Antenna help sought

Roger Graves ve7vv at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 30 17:22:36 CDT 2017

John,

Is it a straight, single wire, dipole (not a folded dipole)?
Is there a balun at the antenna/feedline junction?

If the answers to both above are “NO”, then it seems that your feedpoint should be capacitive at 475 kHz and require a loading coil to resonate,
IDK why your analyzer would indicate otherwise.
Anyway, why not just add some inductance and see whether the resonant point moves down, as you expected, or up (as the analyzer is suggesting). That should be easy enough to do.

Good Luck!

Roger