[600MRG] more antenna musings

Neil Klagge w0yse at msn.com
Fri Oct 27 09:31:44 CDT 2017

Yes that will do a good job, Jim. Just keep the far end of the top load wire as high as you can, and no lower than half of the vertical section.

Sent from Neil's iPhone

On Oct 27, 2017, at 07:16, J Mcvey <ac2eu at yahoo.com<mailto:ac2eu at yahoo.com>> wrote:

I took a look at the LF antenna book onn 500KC.com.The only design that I would consider is the "flat top vertical" due to it's relative simplicity and size.If I read it correctly, the graph seems to say that a 60 degree length ( 1/6 lamda) can yield a radiation resistance of 10 ohms. The only problem with that is ; 60 degrees is a whopping 344 feet!
I don't have a tower, but I do have 75-100 ft trees and may be able to accommodate a 250-300 ft "run".
Has anyone tried a "inverted L" design? It works surprisingly well on 160M when used with a good ground.
Jim AC2EU