[600MRG] more antenna musings

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 09:13:50 CDT 2017

I took a look at the LF antenna book onn 500KC.com.The only design that I would consider is the "flat top vertical" due to it's relative simplicity and size.If I read it correctly, the graph seems to say that a 60 degree length ( 1/6 lamda) can yield a radiation resistance of 10 ohms. The only problem with that is ; 60 degrees is a whopping 344 feet!
I don't have a tower, but I do have 75-100 ft trees and may be able to accommodate a 250-300 ft "run".
Has anyone tried a "inverted L" design? It works surprisingly well on 160M when used with a good ground.
Jim AC2EU