[600MRG] Approval @#$%^&* did I mess up

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed Oct 25 10:57:19 CDT 2017

On 24 Oct 2017 at 22:00, lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net wrote:

> Got my approval today for my best location, but I had put my
> experimental call in the box instead of my Ham Call!  So I know the
> location is OK.  Will try to get a beacon up after the CQWW, but won't
> be able to talk to any of you guys until I get the correct approval!
> N0UU

That is absolutely NOT true!!! Read the UTC page more closely. You could have used
anything in that call area and it would make no difference.

YOU, personally, are now aurhorized to operate using any darned call you wish as far as
the UTC is concerned.

The FCC might complain though....

Brian is absolutely correct.

Gee....let's not give the UTC any more respect than they really deserve;...which is minimal
in my opinion.

Ken W7EKB

---