[600MRG] Approval message ?

Jon Schumacher jons at k1nv.net
Sun Oct 22 17:21:27 CDT 2017

 From what I can glean from the few approval-related messages for the
new bands, there are many of us still awaiting word.  I would like to
activate southern NV, but have "drug my feet" before proceeding.  We are
served by a genuine rural CO-OP in this area and I have a large
high-voltage line within about .6 km south of me.  I've done some
research locally and have found that power carrier systems have gone the
way of bell-bottom trousers.  The power lines here are controlled via
fiber optics these days and I have been informed by other hobbyist MF/LF
folks that power carrier in the MF range is extinct in both southern CA
and NV.

I have heard a number of CW signals in the 472-479 KHz band from W0, W5,
W7, and W6 so I think it is time to get going since it has been thirty
days _plus_ since I sent in my UTC request.  Ye gads, I even heard some
RTTY around 475 KHz a couple of nights ago.

See you soon on CW.

                                     Jon,  K1NV, Pahrump, Nevada