[600MRG] No APPROVAL received

Warren K2ORS k2ors at verizon.net
Sun Oct 22 15:00:12 CDT 2017

On 10/22/2017 12:19 PM, Michael Mussler wrote:
> There are concerns over the security of the power grid from terrorist attacks (North Korea being the most recent threat to appear in the news) and natural phenomena like a well-aimed solar flare. If regulators’ concerns over unintentional effects from a licensed service (hams) radiating 5 watts EIRP on these frequencies are legitimate, then we are in big trouble indeed.

Mike,

   It's actually hilarious.

  One of the Utilities submitted a formal objection that began the
statement that they have been using power line carrier technology since
1937 and ended with the statement that the power grid has never been
more secure. (I'm not making this up!)
That's the kind of statement you get from the lawyers and P.R.
department trying to put a positive spin on a hopeless case.

73 Warren

---