[600MRG] first pass on the new bands

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 22:31:30 CDT 2017

Hi,

I am not QRV on either of the new bands but I can listen. I fired up the
RAK-7 and piped the output into Spectran on the computer. I did not copy
any CW signals (I have in past). Near 475 kc I saw what must have been
digital transmissions. A couple of them could be easily heard. They were
on for a minute or two and then off for while. I am not very familiar
the JT modes but some of them are scheduled for transmit windows and
alternate to receive. These signals were not on that kind of schedule
but clearly were on again - off again. I don't have milliHertz
capability here and no interest in acquiring it. So no way to copy those.

Near 137 kc I watched a carrier that shifted frequency by just very few
Hertz at intervals of a minute or two (varied). Finally it switched to
off. I saw other *stuff* but it was not CW nor steady carriers on-off.
The usual nasties.

Apparently I can see/hear signals and could copy if they were
decipherable by wet computer model 1. I may get out there again later or
wait until tomorrow.

The time I was listening was from about 03:00Z to about 04:00Z. If you
were on and not too far away at that time you might be one of the culprits.

73,

Bill  KU8H

--
bark less - wag more