[600MRG] UTC random thought

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sun Oct 15 19:40:32 CDT 2017

On 15 Oct 2017 at 20:12, K2ORS wrote:

> I noticed that the UTC registration page has a drop down that lets you
> select North or South Latitude and East or West Longitude - my geography
> must be rusty can anyone tell me which parts of the U.S. are South of the
> equator or East of the Prime Meridian?

I think you are joking, but just in case, NO parts of the U.S. are south of the equator, and
depending on which direction you go, ALL of the U.S. is "east" of the prime meridian, or
west of it, which crosses Greenwich, England. Ha ha! :-)

> I'd love to write a 'bot' program that went to the UTC registration page and
> entered in (one at a time) every street address in the U.S. and see what
> happens but I'm a lousy programmer.

What an absolutely excellent, superb idea!!! I love it!!!! :-)

But I am probably worse than you are at programming...

Ken W7EKB

---