[600MRG] What is the best way to tune a coil?

Warren K2ORS k2ors at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 14:53:04 CDT 2017

Collins had probably the most efficient scheme - it consisted of two
drums one was a low loss coil former, the other was a metal drum. The
coil conductor was a silver plated ribbon. The two drums rotated - you
basically wound as much coil as you needed onto the former, the
remaining unused ribbon was left on the drum. Theoretically more
efficient than either a variometer or tapped coil.

73 Warren