[600MRG] Mystery WSPR station

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:49:54 CST 2017

> Seems improbable.

The noise and signal environment only need to be replicated in a different
time frame for the same information to be reported multiple times.  This
behavior has even been observed for years at  multiple stations with no
true signal was ever found.  If you look at the 24-hour WSPR map you see a
multitude of phantoms at sea or guys who intentionally or accidentally
mis-report their grids in this session.

It certainly could be some one fooling around (referencing "14MDA")  but if
I were a betting man my money would remain on a phantom.