[600MRG] BC-453 Mods

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed May 24 10:43:10 CDT 2017

On 24 May 2017 at 12:10, Paul Signorelli wrote:

> Thanks for your comments Frank.
>
> This BC-453 conversion only covers 'My' Experimental frequency (166
> kHz), and not the new  137 kHz band,
>
> so I don't think there would be any general interest.
>
> I didn't try to get it down to 2200 meters.
>
> Paul   wa2xrm

Many years ago, I worked with a rather strange psychology professor who was doing VLF
propgation research as part of a project to learn the best ways to teach science to kids.

One of his many projects (which was intiated after I left his employ) was to convert the
R-23/ARC-5 and the BC-453 to tune to one of the Navy VLF stations around 22.6 kHz.

This involved very extensive modifications, and essentially destroyed the receiver for any
other purpose.

I would NOT advise this sort of destruction to those receivers, even severely hacked ones.

Ken W7EKB

---