[600MRG] BC-453 Mods

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Wed May 24 05:59:06 CDT 2017

ref:  Paul Signorelli and Ken Gordon's recent postings on modifying the BC-453 receiver.

EXCELLENT !!! This conversion may not result in a "state of the art" receiver.  However, in my opinion it puts a human touch on "below the broadcast band" radio communications.   For the antique and classic era radio aficionado I see this mod as providing countless hours of good old radio fun!  Even without the paralleled capacitor mod for 166 KHz, the other mods for power supply enhancement certainly allows the owner to preserve the basic radio design while "wringing-out" the best of the period's RF design performance.

 I would strongly suggest Paul and Ken collaborate to write an article for the Antique Wireless Association's publication to assure that this unique piece of information is enjoyed by a wider audience, and their project is documented and preserved in an official publication!  Maybe even KB5NJD might consider featuring this write-up in his CQ(?) Magazine column?

73 Frank Lotito  K3DZ / WH2XHA