[600MRG] 630-Meter Amateur Operation - Problem resolved

Frederick Raab w1fr at gmrr.biz
Sun May 7 13:57:42 CDT 2017

May 7, 2017

Gentlemen:

     WA4SZE's operation on 630 meters is not QRT.  It
was the result of a misunderstanding of the rules.  ARRL
clarified them and made it clear that we have to wait
for the FCC to define the notification procedure.

     My thanks to all of you who filed reports.  It is
good that we could solve this problem quietly among
ourselves without creating an incident that could be
exploited by those who oppose the 630-meter band.

73, Fritz, W1FR,
Coordinator, ARRL 500-kHz Experiment

Frederick H. (Fritz) Raab, Ph.D.
GREEN MOUNTAIN RADIO RESEARCH COMPANY