[600MRG] Various information

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri May 5 13:04:47 CDT 2017

OK. Many of you may have noticed (yeah...right) that the forum was down for a bit.

The reasons are somewhat complex, but basically, yahoo, which has positioned itself to
become the ONLY carrier for all e-mail at least in the U.S., if not in North America, has
instituted a "new" "security" "feature" which automatically assumes that any e-mails which
originate from any forum which is NOT part of their yahoogroups unit is S*P*A*M*, period,
and their system then automatically originates a message to any ISP's "abuse" section
detailing the e-mail and warning against it.

In the process, most ISPs systems, when they receive such an e-mail, will then automatically
shut down any source of that e-mail.

Our entire website was "suspended" due to this.

When I then contacted our ISP and originated a "Trouble Ticket" on the issue of our website
being suspended, they cleared the suspension, but informed me that they had no idea why
this had happened, and that it must have been an error within their system.

Then, this morning, I received yet another e-mail from my ISP's "abuse" office telling me that
if I did not answer the request for information within 24 hours, our website would again, be
suspended.

Shortly after I called my ISP and discussed this issue, I then received an e-mail from their
"abuse" section, containing an e-mail which Rudy recently sent to the forum concerning his
back-stay issues, asking me if it was legitimate.

I then replied in the affirmative, and then went on to detail what I had learned from OTHER
forums this morning.

Now, all we can do is wait to see what happens.

Furthermore, another issue has arisen for those of us who have added a means to our TV
sets to watch youtube videos on it: the screen now includes some weird orange warning bar
at the bottom and a black screen which shows some picture parameters on it. There is
widespread complaint and discussion about this on the web.

I really wish people would leave things alone.

Later,

Ken W7EKB
SYSAD (and a pissed off one too)

---