[600MRG] LF-MF antenna notes

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Sun Mar 26 13:52:04 CDT 2017

You guys have been great, giving me feedback on my notes.  As a result I've
significantly re-written chapters 4 and 6, fixing all kinds of problems.
New versions of chapters 4 and 6 have been posted on my web page:
www.antennasbyn6lf.com .

The multiple tuning discussion in chapter 4 was pretty muddy and has been
redone to explain potential problems with multiple parallel downleads.

There are a lot of changes to chapter 6.  I had not included a discussion on
Litz wire but given the interest in using Litz, especially as antenna wire
in loops, I realized some discussion was needed.  Litz wire is much trickier
to use than is generally appreciated.  Using the wrong Litz choice can lead
to much higher losses than a simple solid wire of the same Rdc!  I suggest
those interested in Litz read section 6.13 carefully.  No math, just sound
advice from the pro's!

Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback.  Don't be bashful, my old hide
is tough.

73, Rudy N6LF