[600MRG] Algeria was coming in great on 252 kHz longwave

Tom Dawson wb3akd at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 23 10:51:15 CDT 2017

I had both 252 (French Language) and MEDI1 on 171 KHz on Tuesday morning, 0330 UTC with estimated field strength of 100 uV/m.  Great folk music on 171 but last night was just pop.

Equipment- 1m high dynamic range active with about 12 dB antenna factor, into a Sierra 128 frequency selective voltmeter.  Gives good enough audio and a real signal level.

73

Tom