[600MRG] In Summary - WSPR "flavors"

John Andrews w1tag at charter.net
Fri Jan 27 08:34:20 CST 2017

Brian,

My sense from Joe Taylor's email was that they were thinking bigger than
a slowed-down version of WSPR. It would be an MSK mode based on MSK144,
but slower, and with better error correction. He felt that they could
beat the SNR performance of WSPR-15 at LF/MF, and in shorter time
periods. Guess we'll find out eventually. We've long needed something in
a text-based mode that could approach the performance of WOLF, without
the fussiness and need for linear PA's.

John, W1TAG