[600MRG] Remote tuning

Ralph Hartwell w5jgv at w5jgv.com
Sun Jan 1 14:01:23 CST 2017

> Although I have not yet been able to finish it, my plans for remote tuning
of a base-loading coil to my 55' vertical revolve around an old satellite TV
dish mover and its standard controller, which includes a reversing turns
counter built into it.

These are available brand new on eBay from several sellers. Since they all
use the same drive motor unit, chose the shortest extension screw unit for
the lowest cost. I've gone through a few of those while experimenting with a
solar panel system. The screw mechanism does not have very long life unless
you spend the extra bucks for a ball screw system. OTOH, the drive motors
unit lasts forever.

Best DX & 73,

Ralph  W5JGV - WD2XSH/7