[600MRG] Power Supply Ideas

John Molnar wa3etd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:55:03 CST 2017

Steve,

You don't need a regulated supply for the Class D amp...a brute
force transformer, full wave bridge and a lot of filter caps will do the
job.

I run exactly that here at WG2XKA.  The transformer is key and it may be
flea market time.  I have a commercial filament transformer that was
originally
in a 10 KW FM transmitter.  Filter bank is 200,000 uF computer grade caps.
It's on a large variac, allowing instant adjustment from 0-500W out.  The
xfmr
was a flea market find.

With enough filtering (important) a regulated supply is not required.

73,
John XKA