[600MRG] CW QSO this morning.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Dec 15 13:03:07 CST 2017

Congratulations are in order to George W7HDL in Salmon, Idaho who QSOed Larry W7IUV
in Qunicy, WA, distance about 375 miles, on 474.5 KHz, CW, this morning, about 1435Z.

This was George's second foray onto 630 meters. He is using a WWII Bendix TA-12 at
about 65 watts output to a ~320 foot end-fed wire running E-W. EiRP not yet calculated, but
most probably very low.

Larry gave George a 559 report.

George tells me he intends to do some modifications to his gear to reduce noise from his
power supplies, and will be back on the air next week some time.

He has a lot of local noise on 630 meters in the evenings, but it is quieter there in the
mornings.

It would be good, it seems to me, if others would listen for George and try to work him.

vy 73 to all for now,

Ken Gordon W7EKB

---