[600MRG] Scopematch question

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 13:02:44 CST 2017

Not sure if I completely understand your concern, but here's what I can offer you:
Scope are not supposed to "match" what they are monitoring ( a  X10 probe is about 10 megohms), so they are meant to do minimal loading.That being said, they do have some loading and capacitance they present. The less the capacity, the better the BW it can be used on.There are also compensation caps on probes minimize the effects of the capacitance for its design BW.The scope should have a calibrator sqaure wave to perform the compensation.Put both probes on this clip and you can see if there is a phase or amplitude difference between them.
Hopefully you are using the same type probe on both channels...