[600MRG] 2017 630m WSPR Eclipse Test(?)

Ralph Wallio, W0RPK W0RPK at netins.net
Sat Aug 12 13:36:47 CDT 2017

Perhaps we should apply our collective 630m WSPR capabilities and
experience toward participating in RF propagation tests during the
upcoming CONUS coast-to-coast solar eclipse on 21Aug17.  Numerous 630m
stations coast-to-coast could transmit 630m WSPR sequences while
numerous other coast-to-coast stations with 630m WSPR experience could
receive and report their results.

Perhaps there should be five daily tests, 19Aug17-23Aug17, to provide
comparison WSPR data.  Each daily test could be active from ~2-hours
before the eclipse approaches the West Coast, 15:00UT, to ~2-hours after
the eclipse passes the East Coast, 21:00UT.

Please indicate interest in participating in this 30-hours of 630m WSPR
eclipse testing to this net so other participants will know which
stations are active.

Discussions and suggestions are encouraged.

See the following links for 2017 Solar Eclipse information:

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2017/TSE2017.html

http://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/the-solar-eclipse-and-ham-radio

--- TNX es 73 de Ralph Wallio, W0RPK (formerly WD2XSH/34 in Iowa but now
in eastern NC)