[600MRG] Last Operations from WD2XSH/12

Michael Mussler mmussler at wispertel.net
Wed Aug 9 12:45:19 CDT 2017

To all my 630m Experiment Friends,

We are in the process of relocating to the Cortez  Colorado area (Four
Corners). Once the antennas come down at the Nederland QTH I understand I
will not be able to operate any longer under the WD2XSH license from the new
Cortez QTH. The good news is that the Cortez QTH appears to be more than 1
kM from any power transmission lines that might be using PLC systems. There
is plenty of space on the property for large antennas. Montezuma County
prohibits marijuana grow operations and limited radio reception surveys I've
made indicate the surrounding area is relatively quiet.

Meanwhile, the 600m station and antenna remains operational at our Nederland
QTH. I may transmit a CW beacon during the eclipse later this month. We
aren't in the totality zone but we are relatively close with 93% of the sun
obscured at this location in Northern Colorado. That would probably be the
last operation as WD2XSH/12.

We just listed our Nederland home on Saturday and already have at least one
offer. Things are moving along more rapidly than we imagined possible. It is
difficult to get my mind around moving after living at this QTH for the past
33 years. Then there is three decades worth of junk box accumulation to
dispose of or move.I am encouraged that others have been in this situation
and the light at the end of the tunnel is not the oncoming train!

73,
Mike, AI8Z
WD2XSH/12