[600MRG] it is stated in the new rules that the UTC has 30 days to file or respond with an objection.

Scott Armstrong aa5am at vntx.net
Sat Apr 1 15:50:10 CDT 2017

Thank you to everyone that has responded on and off the reflector.
I may not have posed my question clearly.

I do understand that the UTC has 30 days to respond to a notice of intent
of a station beginning operation on one  or both of the new bands.

Currently, the UTC has no process in place be it email, snail mail,
webform, etc.,  to file that notice of intent with them. My question was
asking how long the UTC would have to implement the process/system to file
the notifications once all this was published in the FR. The R&O doesn't
specifically give them a time table for implementation.

Rereading the R&O turned up this in the Ordering Clauses

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the rules adopted herein WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE
30 days after the date of publication in the Federal Register, except for
Sections 97.3, 97.15(c), 97.301(b)(d), 97.303(g), 97.305(c), and
97.313(k)-(l), because Section 97.303(g)(2) contains a new information
collection requirement that requires approval by OMB under the PRA. These
rules sections WILL BE EFFECTIVE after the Commission publishes a notice in
the Federal Register announcing such approval and the relevant effective
date

Hopefully, they don't drag their feet on this. In the meantime, I guess we
will have to hurry up and wait.

73,
Scott AA5AM