[600MRG] Nice Discovery

Dick Bingham dick.bingham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 21:15:22 CDT 2016

Greetings everyone

I just made a great discovery - my new SDR-radio, an Apache-Labs ANAN-200D,
provides up to 100-watts on 475KHz. Now, I have to build a LPF filter to
eliminate the harmonics, and I am ready to join the big-boys on wd2xsh- ##
. . .

This is more radio than I ever expected to own. Sure pleased now that my
IC-756PRO joined the other Icom radios that failed and are not repairable
(so said the Icom folks at their Seattle environs repair center !)

The IC-756PRO has joined the following collection of dead radios at my QTH:

- IC-551D (now a dedicated WSPR/CW beacon tnx to U3S kit)
- IC-740A
- IC-751A
all with special-parts that are no longer available.

It is outstanding that I now have a radio that functions from 630-meters
thru 6-meters.

The noise blanker in this radio is the best I have _ever_ experienced.
Also, having two independent receivers and antenna inputs allows me to
adjust the amplitude and phase on a channel to cancel QRM from an
interfering  source.

73 Dick/w7wkr and wd2xsh-26 at CN98pi