[600MRG] YaND Software - New revision

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Mon Sep 5 06:42:06 CDT 2016

It appears that the YaND software for Sitor-B decoding and message archiving has been rev'd from 6.4 to 6.5. Sitor-B is the two-tone 170 Hz shift "RTTY sounding" code used to transmit Maritime weather information on the MF and HF bands. Last year was my introduction to NAVTEX and YaND.  At that time the YaND rev level was 6.4.  On 9/4/2016 I stumbled across the 6.5 revision level.

[ref: http://www.dxzone.com/dx25516/yand.html or http://users.telnet.be/NAVTEX/YAND  for revision 6.5]

As far as I can see, YaND revision 6.5 seems to have a very well worked out pdf format "user manual" that is applicable to a number of YaND revisions. I believe rev 6.5 also has a formal UNINSTALL routine.  There may also be other enhancements appearing in rev 6.5.

Does anyone know of other YaND rev 6.5 enhancements?

My computer system is the freebie Windows 10 upgrade, with the Norton 360 security suite.  So far, so good - smooth as silk....no freezes or worse yet no BSOD!  (I assume BSOD still exists in Windows 10?)

73 Frank Lotito K3DZ / WH2XHA