[600MRG] Advice requested - weatherproof box for loading coil.

Steve Flood kk7uv at bresnan.net
Sat Sep 3 15:00:37 CDT 2016

Hi Ken,

I was in a similar position last fall when rigging up my 630 and 160
networks.  .  I used separate enclosures for each network.  I put the 630m
network in an inverted bucket, and the 160m L-network in a plastic NEMA box.
Both enclosures are attached to a PVC post partially buried in the middle of
my radial plate.  Both enclosures are acceptably weather-proof.  When the
snow depth starts exceeding a foot or so I simply keep it shoveled away.

Presently I have to manually switch the vertical lead to either of the two
networks (they have separate coax feeds to the shack).  I am hoping to soon
install a HV vacuum relay to handle the switch-over remotely.

Steve, KK7UV/WH2XNV

---