[600MRG] Advice requested - weatherproof box for loading coil.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Sep 3 14:12:23 CDT 2016

Seems to me I have asked this before, but have lost the replies:

I want to mount a remotely-adjustable loading coil and/or switching assembly at the base of
my present 57' vertical so I can use it at least on 160 meters, but also, hopefully, on 630
meters. However, I am not finding a suitable box to install the stuff in.

I am concerned that here in Idaho we get considerable snow in the winter which would cover
a box of any usable size, and water would be a problem over a significant part of the year.

I want to install two loading coils in the box, one specifically for 630 meters, and a second,
variable, one for 160 meters, with a gear-motor, and appropriate control circuitry.

I also suspect there will be a large RF field to consider.

Ideas from the group will be very much appreciated. I need to do this before winter, which is
fast approaching here.

Ken W7EKB WD2XSH/24

---