[600MRG] Spectrum Lab software

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Tue Oct 25 11:49:28 CDT 2016

The www.qsl.net web site for DL4YHT's Spectrum Lab was last updated this month (Oct 17, 2017). The latest software revision is 2.9 b01.  Additionally, the software principle writer states ""Spectrum Lab runs under Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP (home and professional), Linux/WINE, but obviously not under Windows Vista. The reason why it doesn't work under "Vista" is unknown. Since I don't use Vista myself, there's little I can do about this. Use Linux/WINE, or a virtual PC running XP (inside your shiny power-hogging Vista machine).""

I have tried running Spectrum Lab in Windows 10. It seems to "sometimes" run without incident.  But, at times I get random freeze-ups.  When I try to close the program short error messages appear indicating to the effect the program stalled on line #nnnnnn. In addition, certain user selected program options do not seem to respond to that option's START button.  My more ancient spectrum analysis / waterfall display program "Spectran" works fine.

My questions - Does Spectrum Lab reliably run in Windows 10? Is anyone else using Windows 10 and Spectrum Lab experiencing the same problems I experience? All the remaining software on my computer seems to work just fine, including a very out dated version of the Microsoft Office Suite.

  73  K3DZ / WH2XHA