[600MRG] WA2XRM

Larry Telegrapher at Q.com
Sat Nov 19 07:41:20 CST 2016

I was able to copy, at least with ARGO the CW signal from WA2XRM up in
Colorado on 480.089 kc (my numbers on my K3 with the signal set at 700
cycles on the ARGO frequency scale.  While never audible and not totally
readable, i was able to over a period of time able to decipher enough of
the letters to know it was Paul. It's still the same signal strength
here this morning as i write this.  Antenna in use was my 80 meter kinda
dipole at 30 ft.

As a side note i changed antenna ports on the K3 from the main coax to
the AUX port with no real difference in signal strength although it did
eliminate a spurious signal a few hundred cycles higher in freq.

There must be others in the 472-475 kc range i can see?  Seeing Paul's
signal was encouraging as it means i'm not totally in an RF proof hole
down here on the MF band.

Larry

W0OGH