[600MRG] [Lowfer] Upcoming 630m Crossband Night - Saturday, Nov 12th

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 10:04:28 CST 2016

Riding Steve's (VE7SL) coat tails on his announcement of the VE cross band
activity during next weekend's special event, I want to report that I will
be running CW, calling CQ on 474.5 kHz (CW-rev or 'USB' passband) through
sunset on Saturday the 12th (13th UTC) and into the late evening.  Calls
and reports are welcome.  All of this weather permitting, of course.

I will have NTS-formatted traffic for stations interesting in receiving a
message.  Just answer my CQ and let me know that you are QRV.   Most are
intended to be comical with Maritime themes in addition to a few "Star
Wars"-themed messages.  There is something very elegant about asking
permission to pull into a space port via CW in my opinion.

The two main CW stations that I often find myself working on a regular
basis and passing traffic to during this event will be unavailable so for
this traffic to move, new blood will have to step up.  There are  few other
guys that check in each year and hopefully they will do so this year as
well.

In lieu of only CQing I will also send "high seas" weather bulletins (and
possible galactic asteroid alerts!) at times and will make announcements of
those times accordingly.

I will also tune around looking for VE stations on cross band during the
late evening when their signals tend to do best down here.

73 and I look forward to working some of you and receiving reports from
others.

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..