[600MRG] U3S with T/R relay

Hans Summers hans.summers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:04:30 CDT 2016

Hi all

I am the designer of the Ultimate3S kit http://qrp-labs.com/ultimate3/u3s
and all the QRP Labs kits, and I'm a member here for a while now. Though a
quiet member ;-)

Ed - KL7UW - the Ultimate3S is a standalone transmitter kit. You configure
it with your transmission schedule (frequency, times etc), callsign, and
locator (or connect a GPS to get that for you, and also discipline
time/frequency). All it needs is a power supply and an antenna system. It
is not controlled by WSPR software running on a PC. The RF output is
typically around a 1/4 watt but varies depending on band; more transistors
can be fitted to allow higher PA voltage and several watts are then
possible.

Steve KK7UV did ask this question on the QRP Labs YahooGroups forum and I
offered a couple of suggestions - but I think it will be a little tricky to
set up, as it is now.

I think John WA3ETD is right... "Hans needs to add code to the WSPR mode to
assert a PTT signal at the 2 min." - I will try to find codespace to
squeeze it into the next firmware release, coming soon!

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com