[600MRG] U3S with T/R relay

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Nov 1 16:47:20 CDT 2016

Since WSPR will be used to control the station,
then you connect the RS-232 (RTS or DTR) line to
the sequencer input (NOT to the radio).  The DEMI
sequencer provides either PTT-LO (ground to key)
or PTT-HI (voltage over +5v to key)
inputs.  Connect the computer RS-232 to the
PTT-HI input and connect the radio (U3S?) keying
to the 4th stage relay in the sequencer.  DEMI
provides about 30ms delay for everything to happen before the 4th stage.

Hundred's if not thousand's of eme stations have
been successfully NOT hot-keying kilowatt amps
for 30+ years using sequencers.  No code writing is required for WSPR.

I run WSPR exactly this way:  computer keys
sequencer- stage1 controls preamp power; stage2
controls TR relay; stage3 controls amplifier
keying; stage4 enables K3 keying (I use the Tx
inhibit feature in the K3 - but that is not available on many transceivers).
http://www.kl7uw.com/TX-INHIBIT.htm

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 11:38 AM 11/1/2016, John Molnar wrote:http://www.kl7uw.com/TX-INHIBIT.htm