[600MRG] Upcoming Ham-Com presentations and Field Day demo activity

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Sat May 28 18:47:42 CDT 2016

Good afternoon all -

Just a reminder of the upcoming Ham-Com presentations on Saturday, June 11,
at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, Texas.  Details can be found
here:
*http://njdtechnologies.net/hamcom-2016-mf-presentations-with-applicable-lf-content/*
<http://njdtechnologies.net/hamcom-2016-mf-presentations-with-applicable-lf-content/>

If there is anyone else that would like to speak starting at 2PM CDT on a
topic not already covered, I can make that happen.   We have the room all
day.   *I would really like to have some LF specific topics, if possible,
but will happily accept additional MF content if anyone wants to present.*

All of this year's currently listed presenters will be attending via Skype
with accompanying visual aids.  If you have a topic that might be of
interest but don't have time on a Saturday in June to participate in real
time, I am open to pre-recording your content and running your visual aids
in an available time slot.  Please contact me for details.

Presentation audio and visual aids will be posted after the convention.

Next:

A few weeks ago I posted a message on 600mrg to assess the interest level
of doing another Field Day demonstration activity.  This basically entails
you picking a frequency, MF/LF/VLF - Part5 / Part15/ DX,  whatever - and
running a beacon with some type of content, preferably something related to
FD, like a greeting or well-wishes to potential listeners.  Individuals
attending FD activities are encouraged to dial up one or more of these
operator frequencies on a receiver at their sites using whatever antennas
are available and do a short demo.  It doesn't have to be more than a
couple of minutes or even a formal demo but may introduce people to what we
do that have no idea anything is going on below the AM broadcast band - you
might be shocked to know how many there are in this category.  If you want
to read about the details of last year and see who participated then, you
can see the list and lead-up here:
*http://njdtechnologies.net/mf-and-lf-demonstration-opportunity-for-arrl-field-day-2015-the-field-day-greetings/*
<http://njdtechnologies.net/mf-and-lf-demonstration-opportunity-for-arrl-field-day-2015-the-field-day-greetings/>

Normally I wait until after Ham-Com to begin working on this activity but
the media outlets prefer to get the information sooner than two-weeks prior
to the event so I hope to submit a press release on June 1.  Realizing that
it is early and people may not know what they will be doing at the end of
June or what the WX may be like (its probably going to be HOT!), or if they
will be participating with a Field Day operation, if you think you might
have an interest, please let me know.  I can add you tentatively to the
list and will soon post a page that will be updated showing frequencies of
operators that plan on being QRV.  Historically this has been a CW event
but pick your mode.  Just include that info when you let me know your
intentions so I can add it to the list.

I will be running a CW message about as long as the standard ARRL FD
message on a 15 minute cycle at 474.5 kHz.

Frank, K3DZ / WH2XHA, reports that he will run a QRSS3 message on 476.7
kHz, weather permitting and assuming there are no complication that prevent
this from happening.

If there are others that would like to be included on the initial press
release, please let me know.  I can add you to the event through FD weekend
so there is no real deadline.

If you are not an operator on these bands and are not participating with a
FD operation, please consider forwarding this information (maybe once the
press release comes out) to your local club as it develops.

Thanks for the time and bandwidth!

73,

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..