[600MRG] 630 meters receive antenna question

James Rodenkirch Rodenkirch_LLC at msn.com
Wed May 18 16:56:04 CDT 2016

Anyone employing a short vertical (approximately 8') receive antenna for 630 meters, with or without a preamp?

As "introductory," aside notes:

Applied two days ago for my 630 meter experimental license - I see I've been assigned a call--- WI2XJG -- and now waiting final approval.

To get started, I will have a Ham Radio up converter shortly,after my friend builds it for me and ordered an MF Solutions down converter.

The antenna is an existing 110'inverted U antenna....starting the planning for constructing the loading coil (familiar with loading coils as I had a 43' top loaded 160 meter vertical with a base loading coil, all home brew).

Will operate CW and JT9 modes so interested in hearing if others out my way, s/w Utah, are operarting in both either of those modes......71.5/72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV