[600MRG] measuring noise level ?

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Jul 17 17:22:34 CDT 2016

Depends on for what your signal report is used:  Designing systems or
for just reporting reception?  When I report signal from one station
is 12-dB stronger than another that tells how well the signals are
propagated.  Of course knowing other parameters provides more
information; things like antenna gain, efficiency, noise floor, bandwidth, etc.

A dBm or uv reading is more useful than uncalibrated s-meter reading.

73, Ed - KL7UW