[600MRG] measuring noise level ?

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Sun Jul 17 12:46:09 CDT 2016

Don't forget, the "noise"measured, be it dBm, uV, S-Units, etc. is also "bandwidth" dependent.  I would also submit, for complete receive systems, a noise measurement is also directional, such a sweeping across the path of the sun with a VHF, UHF, SHF or microwave antenna.  If the noise peaks, Great; if the noise does not peak your aim is off, or your total system is lacking.  Ditto when your HF yagi is aimed in certain directions.
73 Frank K3DZ / WH2XHA