[600MRG] Finding Simple 630m EIRP Formulas

James Hollander mrsocion at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 12:45:31 CST 2016

Would you  send me  any 630m EIRP formula you find useful, to mrsocion at aol.com?

Can you help me improve  two  back-of-envelope630m EIRP rough  estimation formulas I’m evaluating?

I'd like to contribute a blog post about EIRP formulas to KB5NJD's blog.

Please reply  if you  operate  a 630m station licensed  for transmitting by your country.
 73,Jim H   W5EST

NOTES
These simple unproved formulas areintended for 630m transmit antennas  like a  vertical, inverted-L, or  Marconi-T. If you  use  a  transmitting loop, transmitting Beverage, lowdipole  or  other type  transmitting antenna, please  tell what EIRP formula you suggest  or  use.

Simple  formulas  can’t substitute for  field strength measurements  and best practices  complying with recognized EIRP limits  and determination methods that  may be applicable  in your licensing country. But  simple formulas  can help  inform station design. You  can compare them with your use  of  more official EIRP determination methods.

Formula A:   EIRPA(dBm) = 15dBm + TPOdBw + 10log10[(Hant/70)2(Ngr/20)]
--TPOdBw is transmitter forward powerin dB referenced to 1 watt. 100 watts = 20dBw.
--(Hant/70)2 issquared ratio of antenna height to 70 feet.  Use (Hant/21)2 if height in meters.
--Ngr is sum of number ofground rods plus number of radials.  Use20 for Ngr if you have over 20. If 630m TX antenna ground is shackground, add # coax runs from all other antennas to Ngr.

Formula B:   EIRPB(dBm) = 30dBm + 20log10[ Iant Hant/70 ]
 --Iantis RF antenna current measured in amperes flowing to base of antenna itself.
--(Hant/70) isn’t squared inFormula B. It’s handled by the 20log10.

Compare with other methods in moreofficial documents:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=itu+eirp+mf ITU EIRP at MF
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=EIRP+formula FCC Lab draft