[600MRG] Ferrite antennas

Doc - KØHTF k0htf at netins.net
Thu Feb 18 14:44:22 CST 2016

AND another thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: 600MRG [mailto:600mrg-bounces at w7ekb.com] On Behalf Of J Mcvey
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 21:33
To: Warren K2ORS <k2ors at verizon.net>; Marshall Cross <mcross at megawave.com>; david vanhorn <kc6ete at gmail.com>; 600mrg at w7ekb.com
Cc: Brian Pease <bpease2 at myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: [600MRG] Ferrite antennas

Yes , thanks for the link. looks like a lot of good info in that book!

    On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:37 AM, Warren K2ORS <k2ors at verizon.net> wrote:

 Thanks Marshall!

I found an online edition of Hansen's book:
http://bbs.hwrf.com.cn/downmte/Hansen%20R.%20C.%20-%20Electrically%20Small,%20Superdirective,%20and%20Superconducting%20Antennas%20.pdf

For some practical air core loop designs see:
http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl/loop.html

Lots of links at :
http://www.qsl.net/on7yd/136khz.htm

For very good information on a variety of high performance LF/MF receiving antennas I recommend subscribing to Dallas Lankford's Yahoo group:

  As Marshall has pointed out you will only benefit from large effective heights in an electrically quiet environment. All real dx work presumes that one has access to a quiet environment and conditions.

An observation that I have made over the past 12+ years of LF/MF work is that while my signal on 137kHz has been received in England repeatedly with a 1m diameter loop, no one that I am aware of has had comparable result with a ferrite loop.

73 Warren K2ORS

On 2/16/2016 10:09 AM, Marshall Cross wrote:
>  "Electrically Small, Superdirective and Superconducting Antennas,"

---