[600MRG] Effective height

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Sun Apr 24 15:36:47 CDT 2016

To correct an error in my last email,
The radiation resistance of a vertical antenna is determined by the
"effective height" of the vertical radiator and is affected by the loading.
The term "effective height" is used in most amateur antenna handbooks and
they show how to calculate it, usually for a mobile whip.
The older book I used (Jasik first edition) had a graph with which I found
the radiation resistance multiplying factor for my antenna electrical height
directly.
Unless you go overboard like I did, the difference in efficiency (which was
the original question) will be small.
Sorry to mislead, I should not email from memory after Midnight.
73,
Pat W5THT &WD2XSH/6