[600MRG] Q: HF to MF transverter ?

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 22:16:50 CDT 2016

I'm building the Dongle SDR radio that was in QST a few issues ago. It's "down converted" to go all the way to 1KHZ. I'll let you know how it works out.I was impressed with my preliminary testing of the native frequencies (10 meters +) . The antenna that comes with it is useless, so cut it off and interface it with an appropriate antenna for the band of interest.  I have also found other free SDR software that I like better than SDRsharp.
I was thinking of a quick CW TX setup consisting of  a DCO driving one of those broadband LDMOS power amps. I may be able to synchronize the RX and TX via some minor software mods.